Initially, Tiderays went down more of a folk route, starting with Eddie’s solo material. That’s developed to give Tiderays more of an alt. rock edge. Melodic rock with a folk tinge, Tiderays are well on the way to fulfilling their potential. Following last year’s The Anchor and Papillon singles, they’ve produced another gem with their latest tune Parallel. It paves the way for a debut album, which they hope to release in November.
Having already played Butefest 2019 and Solfest 2019, the next big gig for Tiderays is Fri 13 Dec at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow where Tiderays will be headlining. This will be the finalie of a short tour of Scotland that includes:
- Fri 29 Nov in Aberdeen at Drummonds
- Sun 1 Dec in Edinburgh at EH6 Festival
- Fri 6 Dec in Dumfries at The Venue
- Sat 7 Dec in Arran at The Pierhead Tavern
- Sun 8 Dec in Dundee at Conroy’s Basement
- Fri 13 Dec in Glasgow at King Tut’s Wah Wah hut
What a year 2019 will have been by then, and Tiderays will be looking forward to the future.
Current Tiderays Members
Eddie Oakes – Vocals and guitar
Trevor Newport – Drums
Jane Eastham-Buckley – Guitar and keyboard
Isla Gracie – fiddle ‘n’ things
Grant McCrone – Vocals and bass